Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

SURPRISE MELIN!!!!


Hello Friends!
Welcome to a very special SURPRISE "Thank You" Blog Hop at Cooking with Cricut. Why is it so special? There are a couple of reasons! The first reason is it is our 100th Cooking With Cricut challenge and the second (and most important) is to thank our wonderful leader and "Executive Chef" Melinda Beltran!!

Melin started the Cooking With Cricut challenges in October 2010 to encourage crafters to find new and different ways to use their Cricut cartridges. And she has accomplished that and so much more! She has given scores of crafters a place on her Design Teams which quickly turned into a sisterhood of women, who care for each other; who encourage each other; who lift each other and their families up in prayer; and who have shared their hearts and their art through many outreach projects.

So this is our SURPRISE "Thank You" tribute to our beloved Melin! If you came from Jamie's blog Scrappin 2 Baby Girls, you’re in the right place! If you’ve joined us in mid-hop and would like to start at the beginning, please head back to Cooking With Cricut– you won’t want to miss any of these awesome cards!!

Check out my card for Melin..she IS the bee's knees! I cut the little bee from Create A Critter at 3". I cut the wings out of velum for a realistic 'wing' look. The hexagons are cut from Once Upon a Princess at various sizes. I embossed the white cardstock with a swirly Cuttlebug embossing folder.


Melin was so kind to give me my very first opportunity to be on a design team. I am so thankful to her for having faith in me and giving me a chance. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on the team and since this is my last post as part of the CWC team I am glad to have the opportunity to thank Melin (and Jen and the rest of the girls) for an amazing 6 months!!!

Thanks so much for hopping with us. We hope you’ll join us and leave your own "thank you" in the comment section for Melin at CWC! Now it’s time to head on over to see Hattie at Hattie's Haven– she’s the next stop on this party train!

Have a great day!
~Becky

7 comments:

  1. ADORABLE! What a fun card, Becky!! We will miss having you be a part of the team . . . good luck in your future crafting endeavors and don't be a stranger. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card, Becky. I'm sure Melin will love it. It's been wonderful having you on the team. You'll be missed.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable card!!!! The little bee on Create a Critter is soooo cute and just perfect for your sentiment!! We will miss you but wish you the best in all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. Love the sentiment.

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and love the sentiment. Your right Melin is the bees knees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so cute. I love the pattern paper you used to make the honeycomb. The bee is adorable and the sentiment is Great!!!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super cute card girl!!!! I love everything about it! Thank you for sharing your talents with us! I will continue to follow you to see where all your crafty endeavors take you! Big crafty hugz to you my friend!

    Melin
    Blog: CookingWithCricut.com
    Digital Products: PaperCraftingWorld.com
    Page Kits: Page-Kits.com

    ReplyDelete